If there is a particularly famous cigar factory in Havana, then this is the manufactory Partagás. It is located on Calle Industria 520, just behind the Capitol, in the heart of the city. The brand was introduced in 1845 by Don Jaime Partagás. Since then, the cigars bear his name.
A Partagás can be recognized immediately by their heavy, earthy aroma. The character of this blend goes back to a selection of inlays and leaves from the tobacco growing zone Vuelta Abajo, which are selected for their unmistakable richness in flavor and aroma.
Partagás are available in a wide range of formats, including the Lusitania or the 8-9-8, a cigar that takes its name from the way it is stacked in three layers on top of each other in the box.
Probably the most famous Partagás is the Partagás Serie D No. 4, a Robusto that was once part of the legendary Partagás alphabet in the 1930s. 25 pieces of these cigars, each packed in a practical aluminum tubo, are now available for a short time in a decorative large tubo.